Radiation in Perspective
With the current fear mongering going on in the media these days, we’d like to offer a great graphic to help put this radiation scare into perspective.
This also helps serve as a reference for those we’ve come across selling “magical pendants” to help reduce your radiation from electronic devices.
Please read the whole thing, starting in the blue and finishing in the yellow. This is a well referenced and verified infographic.
- 3 Mile island, the worst nuclear reactor disaster on US soil is in the green chart
- in the green area, the current measured max *at* Fukushima is approximately the same as the normal dose you get throughout the year from natural background sources and medical scans.
- Compare that to all the green representing a the max allowed for a reactor worker.
- Compare that to the minimum dose definitively linked to cancer (orange graph).
- Compare that to the radiation you would get if you stood NEXT TO the Chernobyl reactor as it melted down.
Popularity: 3% [?]