2012 is Here!
Happy New Year Everyone!
2012 is going to be a big one! There are a lot of things coming down the pike affecting pharmacy patients across the state and country:
- January is traditionally a mess with insurances. Everyone’s plans change and the computers can’t keep it straight. To make it worse, nationally the communication system is being upgraded to a new standard. That means our pharmacy staff will need lots of wine to prevent us from dreaming about insurances until February 15th or so.
- We’ll see the dissolution of mandatory mail order, thanks to you. Our Anti-Mandatory Mail Order legislation passed and goes into affect for 2012. Starting this year, insurances will be prohibited from forcing anyone to use mail order.
- The NYS EPIC changes go into affect. If you are 65 or older and make less than 50k/year married or 35k/year single, PLEASE SIGN UP. It’s free!
- Many big brands are going generic, saving everyone major bucks!
At our store, many great improvements are coming:
- New register systems to make the check out system smoother. We’ll have a rewards program started in Saugerties that will work with both stores. Exciting stuff.
- Monthly lectures for 10-20 people on different topics. We’ll have diabetes education, heart healthy tips, nutrition, and vitamin lectures among much more. These will be hosted weekly and topics will change monthly
- Rx Sync – make one trip to the drug store for all your medicines, on a day YOU choose. Never run out of refills before your next doctor’s appointment!
- More Shingles clinics to increase access to these important vaccines!
You’ll see more on Facebook and our blog as well.
A few things we’re working on that get us really excited:
- an app for “scanning” your rx’s and sending them for refills
- coupons for the stuff you need
- a generic savings program: you switch from a brand to a generic drug and we’ll buy you 1 month free!
Again, Happy New Year to all. We could not do it without you!
Popularity: 12% [?]